wpengine

wpengine

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Behance Api Limit Issue

Behance Api Limit Issue 9 years 4 months ago #56

Hi,
Thank you very much for the useful plugin.
This is really useful but since we are using a cms to do the API calls is it possible to do any caching or saving projects to db? The only major issue I'm running to is the 150 api request limit by behance. Honestly, my initial thoughts are why use a cms and complicate things when it's much easier to build a static website that handles the calls using jquery/json. (if we're not using any features of a cms to get around the api limit)

Thanks,
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Behance Api Limit Issue 9 years 4 months ago #57

• eLEOPARD
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 54
Dear Arman,

Thanks a lot for using Behance Portfolio Manager.

Regarding the API calls, you can increase it by requesting a premium access to Behance by contacting them from here:
https://behancenetwork.zendesk.com/anonymous_requests/new

The reason for not saving the completed project is, the user of the project wight change the project afterwards, thus making the Project stored in website outdated. Plus it saves the disc space, since normally the limit does not exceeds 150.

However, if you wish to store the complete project, we can do that as a custom development service just for you. Please let me know if you wish to do this and I'll send you an estimate.

Last but not the least, please don't forget to rate us on JED: http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/directory-a-documentation/portfolio/27668 :)
Last Edit: 9 years 4 months ago by eLEOPARD.

Behance Api Limit Issue 9 years 4 months ago #59

Thanks a lot for the response.

Thanks for your offer but I'll probably use some caching solutions to get over this or write up the code myself but just as a suggestion, would be nice to save the projects and do the api call only once an hour or day to keep the data fresh. After all, we don't want people to get a blank page when visiting our portfolio so I don't think it's worth the risk :)

Once again, thanks for sharing this plugin.
Last Edit: 9 years 4 months ago by Arman Keyvanskhou.

Behance Api Limit Issue 9 years 4 months ago #60

• eLEOPARD
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 54
No Problem :) .
Time to create page: 0.224 seconds

Need Customization? Feel free to...

Contact Us

If you like these extensions, help us buy Yoga Mats :)