wpengine

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Embedded Image size/quality in project view

Embedded Image size/quality in project view 8 years 5 months ago #291

• chris
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi,

i tried around with the image size of the embedded images from behance, because they seem to be displayed not big enough.

In project_view.css, i set width/height to 100% to the classes ".bop-primary-project-content img, .bop-primary-project-content object, .bop-primary-project-content embed" - the images will be scaled up and fit properly, but appearantly they have not the same resolution/quality as the original images in behance - is there any way of displaying the images in better quality?

this problem leads me to another question: will it be possible in the future to open up the project images in a lightbox (just as it is in behance)?
thank you and all the best!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Embedded Image size/quality in project view 8 years 5 months ago #301

• chris
anyone? please - thanks!

Embedded Image size/quality in project view 8 years 5 months ago #302

• eLEOPARD
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 54
Dear Chris,

Sorry for the delayed reply.

All the images pulled from Behance are the original full-size images.
Also, we have updated the plugin recently to handle, width of DIVs, embed elements, font-sizes etc. Please update the plgin to see if your issue is resolved.

If you could post a link to website (or maybe a screenshot), that would really be helpful.

Embedded Image size/quality in project view 8 years 5 months ago #303

• chris
Hi, thank you for your help.

www.edtmayr.at/

In order to have a cleaner layout in the project views, I got rid of the right narrow column with all the project information text and I set the width of the main project area to 100%. In the link, you can see that the description text elementshave 100% width - perfect. The images also have a setting of 100% width - but as you can see, they are scaled up from a much smaller orinal size. Without the 100%-setting, the image would only be about half the sie.

I guess I did something wrong in editing the css? - What makes me wonder is the fact, that the images on the original behance site are much much bigger that the embedded ones...

thanky again! All the best!

Embedded Image size/quality in project view 8 years 5 months ago #304

• eLEOPARD
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 54
Dear Chris,

The problem lies in the theme you are using. The maximum width of the theme is 980px. So the width of any content cannot exceed more then that.
Here's a screenshot of the page. Notice the max-width of row-fluid DIV

Now, you can add custom CSS override to make the row-fluid go 1400px in instead of 980px in project view in order to get the full width of Behance.
Please feel free to let me know in case you have any other queries.

Embedded Image size/quality in project view 8 years 5 months ago #306

• chris
I am not sure if I understand that right. I did how you suggested and set the template width to 1200px. The space for the main content is much wider now, but there is no effect on the embedded images from behance. They are still 600px wide, and when I scale them up to 100% of the template width (=1200px) they get scaled up to that width, too. The resolution of the imported images is too small. 600px images are displayed as 1200px images. Do you have any idea for that problem? - Thanks!
Time to create page: 0.232 seconds

Need Customization? Feel free to...

Contact Us

If you like these extensions, help us buy Yoga Mats :)